Organic dresses are made from fibres are chemical free. At style-is.co.uk, we have a great selection of organic dresses online from some of the most innovative and stylish fashion brands around including SkunkFunk, People Tree, Seasalt Cornwall, Kuyichi and Kami Organic.
Organic dresses are usually made from organic cotton which is grown without the use of chemical pesticides but may also refer to organically certified hemp or wool dresses.
What are the benefits of organic dresses?
There are lots of benefits to buying organic dresses. Not only do we have a great selection of dresses that make you look and feel great but buying organic clothing is also beneficial for the environment and the farmers. The Cottoned On Campaign a joint initiative between the Soil Association and GOTS (Global Organic Textiles Standard) gives a great explanation of the benefits of organic cotton but in a nutshell choosing to buy organic dresses is great because:
- Organic cotton is a soft, natural and breathable fabric which feels great against the skin. It can be made into a range of different fabrics suitable for lots of different styles of dress from casual jersey dresses to crisp summer dresses.
- Organic cotton is chemical free and generally considered the best choice for anyone with allergies, sensitive skin or eczema.
- Buying organic cotton helps to reduce the use of chemical pesticides which are damaging to both people and the environment.
- Organic cotton is a more sustainable choice for farmers and helps them to build a more sustainable livelihood without reliance on expensive agro chemicals.
- Organic farming helps to fight climate change as healthy organic soil acts as a carbon sink.