Timberland Earthkeepers UK Store
Welcome to the style is… Timberland UK Store! We feature a wide range of products from the Earthkeepers range of clothing and shoes with an emphasis on the outdoors and respect for the environment. The collection is designed for warmth, comfort, dryness and practicality. The products are made using ’green’ recycled rubber, Recycled PET, leather from silver or gold rated tanneries, organic cotton and an innovative yarn which incorporates recycled coffee grounds. They also measure and rate each of their products using a green index.
As a company, they are committed to both bottom-line business value and social justice reflecting their core belief that business can create a positive impact on the world. Over the last 40 years, they have found that corporate responsibility doesn’t need to be an add on but actually makes great business sense. Their reduction in green house gas emissions go hand in hand with reduced energy costs and they have also found there is a growing consumer demand for their eco friendly products. They will also openly admit that they haven’t yet reached their full potential but they are on their way. If you go into any Timberland UK store, you will see a large selection of products in the Earthkeepers range, indicating not only an increased consumer demand for eco friendly products but also the popularity of this range.
Some interesting facts about the brand and products.
- They have been using recycled soda bottle to make their fleeces for 10 years. Now they are using it to make their laces and linings for footwear.
- 40% recycled rubber is used in the soles of their shoes, reducing landfill but with no compromise on the traction or durability of the soles.
- In 2010 they used 2,661,277 tonnes of organic cotton in their products.
- Their innovative RENET™ fabric is made from recycled nylon, made from nets and ropes salvaged from the sea.
- They also use a yarn which incorporates recycled coffee grounds with great benefits for outdoor clothing including capturing odour, drying quickly and providing UV protection.
Some of the most popular and well known products by the brand include the iconic yellow boots but there are many more styles to suit different tastes from the update of their classic style to include floral panels to a range of highly practical boots for outdoor pursuits where it be raining or even snowing. For those that are more at home in the City, there are also plenty of stylish choices for work or leisure. The collection also includes high performance jackets to keep you warm in the coldest conditions, knitwear and tops. You may also be interested to learn that they make some great childrens shoes and clothing and baby wear, all perfect for children and toddlers that love being in the great outdoors and enjoying nature. Their clothing and shoes are also high quality and made to last, so should withstand the wear and tear from even the most active of children.
Amongst some of the most popular products by the brand are the EK Nevalli Tall Boot, the Bethel Ankle Boot, the quilted down jackets, the waterproof Abingdon raincoat, leather Abingdon jacket and fleece Abingdon jacket.